Monday, March 27, 2006

Spongebob square pants

So i went for my first job interview last Thursday. I hadn't really applied for this position. I had put my resume up on Monster & i guess that's where they found me. It was for a financial advisor position at a pretty well-known American firm. So there i was getting quite excited about my first interview, not really knowing what to expect. Tabbert was being all supportive, helping me prepare for the interview. Even Jo-anne from over Skype was prepping me up for the interview. So i was feeling pretty cool about it when the time came. How did the interview go you ask? Well, i was prepared for a lot of things, but not this. It started out with him explaining what the job is all about and what the firm does.(pretty standard stuff). But next thing i know, he's propelling into this crazy salesman mode, pitching the job at me, telling me how great the firm was, how great he was & how great his friends are too because they are all successful like him. That was when i realise this isn't really an advisor position, it was really a sales position. But what shocked me the most was when he said to me, he was after a 'sponge'. He went on to explain that he didn't want someone who was too intelligent, just someone who will just listen to whatever he wants done because the firm has been around a long time & he doesn't need anyone to reinvent the wheel. Ok... i was thinking .. FREAK!!! At that point i knew the interview was over. Who would want to work for a freak like him. So Mr Spongebob Square pants & i parted ways, with a deep sigh from me. Gawd! I hope American employers aren't all like this, otherwise i'm in deep sh*t....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home